The Vision of The Rocklin Historical Society is to create a sense of place where history engages, educates, entertains and inspires.
How to Volunteer
We would like to hear from you! Please read through the various committees and see what you would be interested in:
- Museum Committee: This group manages the day-to-day operations of the museum. They plan displays, special activities, docents, educational outreach, membership, communication, and much more. Contact Susan Brooking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Museum Docent: We can’t keep the museum open without our docents! No experience necessary! You will be fully trained and will always be teamed with an experienced docent. We only ask for one 3-hour shift per month. Contact Gay Morgan at 916-624-2355 or email@example.com or Susan Brooking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fix-it Team: This group takes care of maintenance needs and other projects at the museum and Old St. Mary’s Chapel. They meet weekly for a breakfast meeting at the William Jessup Cafeteria meeting room from 7:30 am to 9am. For more information, contact George Salgado at email@example.com
- Project Planning: The Fix-it team’s To Do list has grown in such length and complexity that a new committee is branching off. Currently called The Project Planning committee, if you are interested in specific projects the society is planning, come to the Fix-it team meeting until the new committee is established. For more information, contact George Salgado at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old St. Mary’s Chapel: Our beautifully restored chapel is available for weddings, memorials, meetings and programs. Volunteers are needed to help oversee this, and to host our fun weekly open houses! Stop by our Open House on Wednesdays from 5—7 p.m. or contact Old St. Mary’s at email@example.com or Nancy Lohse at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board Meetings: Want to see what’s going on or even get involved with new ideas, policy and decision-making? Attend a monthly board meeting! We meet the second Monday of the month at 6:30 at Old St. Mary’s Chapel. For more information, contact President Jim Hammes at Jimhammes@yahoo.com
For other questions and general information, Email us at email@example.com